I am a qualified and passionate genealogist and family historian who wants to help you research your ancestors.
Because of today’s technology, I can meet your genealogical needs from anywhere in the world. I’m located on the west coast of the United States, but you don’t have to be.
Research services I can offer you:
- a simple family tree (pedigree chart) with names, dates, locations, and significant life events
- a complex family history with up to 16 great-great-grandparents (or even more!)
- a narrative of your family’s history from the time of immigration to the United States
- location of a particular ancestor or direct ancestral line (descendant charts)
- family group sheets, each of which includes one family: parents, children, spouses, and significant dates and locations of events
- a fresh perspective on an old, genealogical “brick wall”
- vital record documents (birth, death, marriage)
- newspaper articles from your ancestor’s hometown (i.e., obituaries, birth announcements)
- probate or estate records
- land records (Federal land states, State land states, Colonial; local land records [deeds])
- military records
- naturalization records
- immigration records
- cemetery records & headstone photographs
- personalized, bound materials, including those precious photos you have stored in boxes
- access to a genetic y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA testing website for genealogical purposes, or to help you get set up a unique genetic DNA web site of your own
- advice on how to get your old, precious family photos restored to their original glory
- incentive to tackle that old family tradition that’s been bugging you for years. Is it really true?
- help with your application for DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) or Sons of Confederate Veterans. Or perhaps another lineage society? There are many, many lineage societies to join.
- help with Santa Cruz County, California lookups
- & much more!
I’ve been a full-time genealogist since 2004 and have worked on over 30 family trees. I am the administrator of the Bavec/Bovitz DNA website where my goal is to gather DNA samples of this surname and its variants worldwide. I am a graduate of the National Genealogical Society’s intensive American Genealogy Course.
I’m a member of the Genealogical Society of Santa Cruz County, the Polish Genealogical Society of America, the German Genealogy Group, the National Genealogical Society, the Slovenian Genealogy Society International, and the Minnesota Historical Society. I am also an active volunteer for Find a Grave. I recently was the vice-president, newsletter editor, program chair, and a library volunteer for our local genealogical society.
I would be happy to discuss your goals during a consultation call, free of charge, no obligation.